Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Kootenai Creek

Kootenai Creek is one of the most popular hikes in the Bitterroot. I think for two reasons....It is a beautiful hike, and it's incredibly easy. It was easy enough to take my mother, who is rather arthritic these days and in a lot of pain, up for at least a half mile. So last week I went about 4 miles back on Sunday, then took my mom again mid week. You can hike on forever, though, depending on how much time you have.  There are several lakes way back there, which I admittedly have never been to....something to plan soon.

I've probably done this at least once a year for the past....I don't know how many years.  I know I've had both of my kids in my back pack at one time or another on this paticular hike.  I can also remember taking my German Shepherd, Wiley, on this hike several times, and he's been gone for a good 15 years. Anyway, enough of my history, there are just a bunch of great views from here that I hope come through in the pictures.  A lot of rock climbers were scrambling their way up the cliffs on both my Sunday and mid week hike. (They are always fun to watch!) 







Can you see the Garter Snake below?

 

Looking up is almost as pretty as looking down!







Rock Climbers!



The day I took my mom....she needed her purse so she could bring her phone and get pictures...She made me laugh!  I couldn't understand why she didn't just put it in a pocket!  Also saw a cute little toad hopping across the trail.  I have rarely seen any amphibians in Montana!




No comments:

Post a Comment